Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Britney Spears to Release Seventh Album in March 2011





On Thursday, it was confirmed on Twitter that Britney Spears' next album would be released in March of next year.

The singer wrote: "My fans mean the world to me & waking up to all of your wishes really made me smile, so here's something that I hope will make you smile... I'm almost done with my new album and it will be coming out this March. I AM IN L-O-V-E WITH IT!"

Spears' manager Adam Leber had tweeted earlier in the day: "The announcement you've all been waiting for is coming today. Tell a friend..."

It was originally reported that the 29-year-old singer's seventh LP would be out in early 2011 during an interview with producer Lukasz "Dr. Luke" Gottwald in late October. He spoke fondly of Spears, telling , "She's such an icon, I don't want to let anyone down. But most importantly, I want to make good music."

The March 2011 release date comes just in time for the close of Sony Music's fiscal year. Although Jive Records, Spears' label home, has seen commercial success with Usher's latest album, Raymond V. Raymond, and Pink's Greatest Hits, sources say the company "is desperate for another big seller" to contribute to its bottom line.

Spears' last album, 2008's Circus, sold 1.7 million copies in the U.S.

Read More

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/britney-spears-release-seventh-album-55709

0 comments:

Post a Comment