Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Michael Bay Reveals New Details About Transformers: Dark Of The Moon!





On The Problems With Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen:

"On the second movie we got burned. We had a writers strike, we had to agree on a story in three weeks, and then we knew they were going on strike. It was a [frick]ed scenario all the way around, it wasn’t fair to the writer, it wasn’t fair to me, it wasn’t fair to anybody. It was still an entertaining movie, but I think we failed on certain aspects. What we did with this movie is I think we have a much better script, and we got back to basics. I think there’s some really cool action on this movie, there’s some very cool conspiracy, there’s great robot stuff in this that people were missing in the second one, you’ve got great robot conflict. So I’m excited about this movie."



On How The New Movie Will Improve Upon The Mistakes Of The Last One:

"It’s more serious. I got rid of the dorky comedy, I mean we’ve got two little characters, that’s it, but the dorkiness is not there. Dork-free Transformers. It’s much more serious. It’s still entertaining, it’s big looking. I think it’s much more compelling, what we did, how we funneled our action, what we’ve got our characters doing, they’ve got a lot more to do. My take on this movie was that I wanted to make the fighting a lot more personal. In the past two movies the cavalry has always came in, this time the cavalry isn’t coming. It’s black hawk down, a small group; they’re [frick]ed. It makes it more intimate."



On Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's Character:

"She worked for the English embassy as kind of an assistant. And Sam Witwicky has been dumped, and I’m not going to tell you how they meet."



On John Malkovich's Character:

"He’s Shia’s boss. Its funny, I was talking to Shia and we were talking about character. He’s like, I was the one who saved the world, and I should be set up. And I’m like, Shia, there’s people who do heroic things all over the country, and they’re not set up, they’re back to their mundane life. And he’s like, no; I’d be working for the government. And I said, well let’s just say you’re not working for the government."



On The Chances Of This Being The Last Installment In The Franchise:

"There’s a couple of things that are left open. I think you’ll see some finality to this, you know we’ve made it very clear that when things die they die now. They’re not magically being brought back."



Transformers: Dark of the Moon is set to be released in 3D on July 1, 2011!

0 comments:

Post a Comment